Scuba Diving in MUSA
For certified divers
Immerse yourself in the underwater world of the Mexican Caribbean in an extraordinary adventure, you will visit the Underwater Art Museum (MUSA) and explore the diversity of marine life in the Natural Reef, both of them inside the federal protected area.
This tour offers the opportunity for certified divers to enter the marine world of MUSA, you will meet this extraordinary work composed by sculptures in natural size, located 10 meters deep that has captivated thousands of visitors to the Mexican Caribbean.
MUSA (Underwater Art Museum), started in November 2009, features works by Jason deCaires Taylor, is made up of approximately 450 spectacular sculptures made with ecological materials that promote the growth of coral and lodges a diversity of marine species.
The natural reef Manchones is an excellent option for travelers who enjoy the marine life, located 10 minutes away between Cancun and Isla Mujeres, It is 15 meters deep and 2 kms long offering an extraordinary opportunity for those who like to dive between different marine species predominating the highest concentration of hard coral, among other extraordinary species such as sponges, mollusks, crustaceans and a large number of colorful fishes.
How to get to departure site
This tours departs from Marina "Solo Buceo" located inside Hotel Real Inn Cancun, Hotel Zone Km 5.5
It is very easy to get either by public bus or taxi.
- Basic equipment (BCD, regulator, mask & fins)
- One tank at Underwater Museum of Art.
- One tank at Manchones Reef.
- Drinking water on board
- Photo and video
- Wetsuit ($10 us extra optional)
- $10.00 usd for National Marine Park Fee
- Tour available from Monday to Sunday
- Check In 8:00 am (Bring diving card) at Marina "Solo Buceo" located inside Hotel Real Inn Cancun, Hotel Zone Km 5.5
- Dive Schedule: 8:30 am
- Certified divers:10 years experience
What to bring
- Take cash for souvenirs and personal expenses