Jungle Maya Expedition
Discover the world longest underwater cave system, rappel into a beautiful cenote and explore the Mayan jungle while flying over the treetops on ziplines.
Discover the wonders of Sac Actun System, the longest underground river in the world, explored and recommended by specialized divers from National Geographic Snorkeler. Snorkel while surrounded by ancient rock formations
(stalactites and stalagmites). Wonder in the majestic Mayan jungle. Rappel down into and swim in the beautiful Yaaxmul cenote.
Enjoy nature while flying on exciting ziplines. Be a part of an authentic Mayan blessing ceremony. The nature park is exclusively for our groups. Take your memories home with you with pictures taken during the activities by photographers from the Mayan communities!
Approximately 7 hours duration, including park activities and transportation.
Jungla Maya Native Park:
• Delve into the jungle: crossing the jungle.
• Rappel: descend 12 meters (39 feet) into the Yaaxmul cenote and swim in the relaxing waters of this natural underground
• Ziplines: enjoy and appreciate Nature while flying over the treetops on ziplines, one of which lands in a cenote!
• Snorkel en cenote: Snorkel in the Nohoch Nah Chiich cenote, the impressive entrance to the world’s longest underground
river: the Sac-Actun System, which has been explored a length of 350 km (217 mi.), featuring awe-inspiring rock formations (stalactites and stalagmites).
• Mayan Ceremony: Delve into the wonders of Nature and participate in an authentic Mayan blessing ceremony with the aromas of copal incense and performed by a Mayan shaman from the community.
• Traditional Food: Savor the flavors of delicious dishes prepared with traditional recipes (soups, cooked chicken, “chayita” corn fritters, empanadas, rice, beans, cooked vegetables, salads and fruit drinks).
- Transportation in small groups
- Entrance fee
- Activities equipment,
- Traditional food
- Fresh water, fruit drinks
- Towels and lockers.
- Gratuities for guides
- Alcoholic drinks
- Souvenirs or photographs
- This expedition may represent an over-exertion for people with disabilities and/or moms-to-be.
- This tour operates daily from hotels located in Riviera Maya and Puerto Morelos.
- This tour operates from Monday to Friday for hotels located in Cancun and Costa Mujeres.
- Children up to the age of six can enjoy the tour.
- People under the influence of alcohol or toxic substances won’t be allowed to participate.
- For safety reasons, hands should be kept free, the use of cameras and recording devices (including cell phones or tablets) is not allowed, except for action cam style, only if it is assembled on a chest or head mount during the excursion. This tour may have some restrictions on weather conditions.
- The use of sunblock is not permitted, even for those identified as being biodegradable.
What to bring
- Bring comfortable shoes
- Rashguard shirt
- fresh clothing
- Bathing suit, hat or cap
- Cash or credit card for souvenirs and photos.