Ek Balam and Valladolid Private
Discover Yucatan at your own pace and privately, explore two wonders of the peninsula in a single tour, visit two sites full of great cultural wealth, Ek Balam archaeological area and the traditional city of Valladolid
The Ek Balam archaeological area was built up of several temples, two large palaces and a pyramid in the center of the city. The enormous dimensions of its buildings are particularly striking and surrounded by two walls.
Accompanied by your own certified guide walk through this archaeological area which is one of the most recent discoveries about Mayan culture and located 30 kilometers north of the city of Valladolid. Dare to climb the top of the acropolis and cross the different roads of this walled site.
Just 20 minutes from Ek Balam, we find the colonial city of Valladolid, founded in 1543, also known as the "The Pearl of the West", of incredible beauty embodied in its extraordinary buildings and houses, such as the imposing monastery of the convent of "San Bernardino de la Sierra ", the Santa Ana Church, the San Roque Museum, among others that give an extraordinary touch of color and tradition of the colonial era and Mayan culture.
During the Ek Balam-Valladolid tour, you can enjoy about an hour free to take photos, buy some souvenirs or take a walk to the representative buildings.
To conclude this excursion we will visit the impressive Cenote Samaal an open cenote located in Hacienda Selva Maya, we invite you to enjoy this beautiful natural beauty where you will have the opportunity to refresh yourself and admire the spectacular landscape. To complete our excursions you will enjoy a delicious buffet lunch with traditional dishes from Yucatan
- Round transportation by van with A/C (group maximum 12 pax)
- Certified bilingual guide
- Buffet lunch at Hacienda Selva Maya Restaurant with one beverage
- Entrance fees Ek Balam Mayan ruins
- Visit to Valladolid city (1 hour approximately)
- Visit to Cenote Saamal
- Bottled water
- On board cooler with beers, sodas and bottled water.
- Deluxe service includes: Suburban or Viano vehicle with leather seats, Wi-Fi and extra amenities like wet towels and snacks (Max 5 passengers)
- Gratuities for guide and driver
- Children rate: 5-11 years old
- If staying in the Riviera Maya we need to add on a service fee for pickup and off as follows:
- From Cancun to Playa del Carmen: No extra surcharge
- Puerto Aventuras, Akumal & Tulum: $50 per van
What to bring
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Biodegradable sunscreen and repellent
- Change of clothe
- Swimsuit and towel
- Extra cash (for Souvenirs)