Ek Balam and Cenote Maya Tour
Visit Ek Balam, the most recent archaeological zone in the region to be opened to the public. You will also enjoy the Cenote Maya Park, a beautiful natural formations and great natural pool of 80 m of diameter.
Ek Balam, an ancient maya city that knew its glory before Chichen Itza. This archaeological site is one of the latest maya archaeological attractions because of its most recent restoration works. Explore the majestic Cenote Maya with the largest dome in the Yucatan Peninsula. You can swim in this natural jewel and enjoy some adventure activities. Discover the maya culture, visit an authentic maya house, participate in an authentic blessing ceremony and enjoy traditional buffet prepared with organic vegetables from our own orchard. Photographers of the maya communities will take great pictures of you during the activities!
07:00 to 08:00 a.m. (Pick-up at hotels in the Riviera Maya or Cancun).
10:00 to 10:30 a.m. (Arrival at Ek Balam or Cenote Maya Park, according to logistics).
Ek Balam(1:45 hours guided tour at the archaeological site)
12:20 p.m. (Arrival at Cenote Maya Native Park approx.)
Cenote Maya Native Park (03:00 hours at the park).
- Visit and refresh yourself at the Cenote Maya: descend into the region most impressive cenote of 60 m (196 feet) diameter and an almost perfect circular shape. Its crystal-clear waters and geological formations make it a great natural jewel. Ascend from the underworld through a tunnel or use the large wooden staircase
- Optional included adventure activities: Swimming, diving, Trepachanga (ropes), Tarzan vine and rappel down 26 m (85 feet). 120 kgs (264 lbs) is the maximum weight for the rappel activity.
- Maya ritual: Delve into the natural wonders and participate in an authentic ceremony of blessings carried out by a maya shaman of the community and scented by copal.
- Traditional meal: Enjoy a traditional menu made with organic orchard supplies and handmade tortillas.
05:30 to 06:30 p.m. (-off at hotels in Riviera Maya or Cancun)
- Transportation in small groups
- Entrance fee to Ek Balam
- Archaeological tour guide
- Traditional lunch
- Equipment required for activities
- Tips for our guides
- Alcoholic drinks
- Souvenirs or photographs
- Important: the tour only operates on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from hotels located in Costa Mujeres and Puerto Morelos.
- This expedition may represent an over-exertion for people with disabilities and/or moms-to-be.
- Children up to the age of six can enjoy the tour.
- People under the influence of alcohol or toxic substances will not be allowed to participate.
- For safety reasons, hands should be kept free, the use of cameras and recording devices (including cell phones or tablets) is not allowed, except for action cam style, only if it is assembled on a chest or head mount during the excursion. This tour may have some restrictions on weather conditions.
- The use of sunblock is not permitted, even for those identified as being biodegradable.
What to bring
- Bring comfortable footwear to walk in the jungle (tennis shoes or sports sandals, no flip-flops)
- Swimming gear
- Extra T-shirt and towel
- Extra cash (tips, pictures and souvenirs).