Chichen Itza Light and Sound
Get immerse in the Mayan heaven full of moonlight, music, special light effects and mysticism and enjoy Chichen itza at night.
Dont miss the chance to visit Chichen Itza, the most important archaeological zone in Yucatan and one of the new world wonders and get amazed by the Light & Sound Show hosted by the ancient spirits that captivate your eyes and soul.
You will witness a representation of the equinox, the southward movement of the Kukulcan feathered serpent by multicolored lights. Suddenly you will live some flashbacks to the ancient Mayan world through a narrative that goes perfectly with the special effects of light and sound. You will understand much better a history that has enriched Mexican culture since the beginning.
Our excursion begins picking up all the passengers from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm at the lobby of all major hotels from Cancun to Playa del Carmen.
We will arrive at Chichen Itza Mayan Ruins approximately at 3:00 PM. You will be taken on a 1.5 hour tour with a certified guide who will introduce you to the secrets of the Mayans. Your guide will explain the historical significance of all the most important sites before leaving you to enjoy the ruins on your own. After the guided visit we will enjoy a delicious dinner a la carte.
We will regroup and head to see the Light and Sound Show beginning at 7:00 pm where you can listen and watch as a projected light show in the Pyramid El Castillo
Departing time back to hotels is around 8:00 PM
Note: This tour is available only on Tuesdays
- Round trip transportation from your hotel
- Dinner A La Carte
- Certified bilingual guide at archaeological site.
- Meals/Snacks before dinner
- Tips (Optional)
- Children between 5-11 years old pay children rate. Children under 5 enter free but cannot occupy a seat in the bus.
- This tour is available only on Tuesdays
- The use of video camera inside the archaeological site has an additional cost.
- Due to the presence of rain we are exposed to the suspension of the 3D projection on the Kukulcán pyramid, this being not an impediment to carry out the rest of the tour, in case the authorities decide to cancel the projection, will be applied a partial refund of 20 %.
What to bring
- Due to the warm and humid temperature of the region, we recommend to use light and comfortable clothes, hat and sun block lotion.
- Good walking shoes
- Insect repellent
- Extra cash for shopping, beverages, etc.