Chichen Itza and Cenote Maya
Visit in one excursion two spectacular attractions full of culture and magic, Chichen Itza and Cenote Maya will make you live an exciting and fun trip where history and natural beauty come together to surprise you.
The tour Chichen itza and Cenote Maya makes possible to combine two extraordinary sites of the peninsula of Yucatan that represent the essence of the Mayan culture.
The archaeological site of Chichen Itza was founded around 525 AC, among the ancient and representative structures that you can admire in the archaeological site is "The Pyramid Kukulcan" or "The Castle" known as one of the seven wonders of the modern world, On this tour you will discover why thousands of visitors come around the world to explore this Mayan jewel.
Discover the maya culture, visit an authentic maya house, participate in an authentic blessing ceremony and enjoy traditional buffet prepared with organic vegetables from our own orchard. Photographers of the maya communities will take great pictures of you during the activities!
The Cenote Maya is located in Cenote Maya Park, 25 kilometers from Valladolid, Yucatan, is considered the cenote with the largest dome of the Peninsula.
06:00 to 07:30 a.m. (Pick-up at hotels in the Riviera Maya or Cancun).
09:30 to 10:00 a.m. Arrival at Chichen Itza.
Chichen Itza (2:15 hours guided tour at the archaeological site).
Visit the ancient maya city of Chichen Itza, meaning "water well of the Itzan people”. It was the outstanding capital of the maya area and the worship center most revered. Walk through remarkable buildings and get detailed explanations provided by your expert guide during the tour.
01:30 p.m. (Arrival at Cenote Maya Native Park).
Cenote Maya Native Park (2:30 hours at the park).
• Visit and refresh yourself at Cenote Maya: descend into the region’s most impressive cenote of 60 m (196 feet) diameter and an almost perfect circular shape. Its crystal-clear waters and geological formations make it a great natural jewel. Ascend from the underworld through a tunnel or use the large wooden staircase.
• Optional included adventure activities: swimming, diving, trepachanga (ropes), Tarzan vine and rappel down 26 m (85 feet). 120 kgs (265 lbs) is the maximum weight for the rappel activity.
• Maya ritual: Delve into the natural wonders and participate in an authentic ceremony of blessings carried out by a maya shaman of the community and scented by copal.
• Traditional meal: Enjoy a traditional menu made with organic orchard supplies and handmade tortillas. 06:30 to 07:00 p.m. (Return to hotels in Riviera Maya or Cancun).
- Transportation in small groups
- Entrance fee to Chichen Itza
- Archaeological tour guide
- Traditional lunch
- Continental breakfast on board
- Equipment required for activities
- Towels and lockers.
- Tips for guides
- Alcoholic drinks
- Important: the tour only operates on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from hotels located in Costa Mujeres and Puerto Morelos.
- This expedition may represent an over-exertion for people with disabilities and/or moms-to-be.
- Children up to the age of six can enjoy the tour.
- People under the influence of alcohol or toxic substances won’t be allowed to participate.
- For safety reasons, hands should be kept free, the use of cameras and recording devices (including cell phones or tablets) is not allowed, except for action cam style, only if it is assembled on a chest or head mount during the excursion. This tour may have some restrictions on weather conditions.
What to bring
- Set of dry clothes
- Biodegradable sunscreen
- Cash or credit card